Home Insurance Providers in Alabama
Home Insurance in Alabama
Alabama Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: AL vs. U.S. 
- Alabama residents paid average home insurance premiums of $791.
- This average home insurance premium in Alabama is
19% less than the national average of $978.
- Alabama ranks 19th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Alabama
- Owner-Occupied Housing: AL vs. U.S. 
- In Alabama, 68.8% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Alabama is
8% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Alabama ranks 13th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Alabama Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: AL vs. U.S. 
- Alabama residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $176.
- This average rent insurance premium in Alabama is
6% less than the national average of $187.
- Alabama ranks 19th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Alabama
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Alabama 
Alabama residents spent an average of 28.1% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
17% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Alabama 
Residents of Alabama spent an average of 44.3% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
8% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Alabama
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Alabama
The state of Alabama has a population of approximately 4,779,736, ranking 23rd in the nation. 
AL Home Insurance
For more information about Alabama Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Alabama Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, water damage and freezing accounted for 21.7% of all home insurance losses in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)