Home Insurance Providers in California
Home Insurance in California
California Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: CA vs. U.S. 
- California residents paid average home insurance premiums of $911.
- This average home insurance premium in California is
7% less than the national average of $978.
- California ranks 11th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in California
- Owner-Occupied Housing: CA vs. U.S. 
- In California, 54% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in California is
15% less than the national average of 63.9%.
- California ranks 49th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
California Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: CA vs. U.S. 
- California residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $224.
- This average rent insurance premium in California is
20% greater than the national average of $187.
- California ranks 3rd in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in California
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in California 
California residents spent an average of 45.5% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
35% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in California 
Residents of California spent an average of 54.6% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
14% greater than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in California
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about California
The state of California has a population of approximately 37,253,956, ranking 1st in the nation. 
CA Home Insurance
For more information about California Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the California Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2012, water damage and freezing accounted for 17.5% of all home insurance losses in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)