Home Insurance Providers in Connecticut
Home Insurance in Connecticut
Connecticut Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: CT vs. U.S. 
- Connecticut residents paid average home insurance premiums of $980.
- This average home insurance premium in Connecticut is
0% greater than the national average of $978.
- Connecticut ranks 7th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Connecticut
- Owner-Occupied Housing: CT vs. U.S. 
- In Connecticut, 66.9% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Connecticut is
5% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Connecticut ranks 23rd in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Connecticut Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: CT vs. U.S. 
- Connecticut residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $194.
- This average rent insurance premium in Connecticut is
4% greater than the national average of $187.
- Connecticut ranks 16th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Connecticut
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Connecticut 
Connecticut residents spent an average of 38.7% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
15% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Connecticut 
Residents of Connecticut spent an average of 49.6% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
3% greater than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Connecticut
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Connecticut
The state of Connecticut has a population of approximately 3,574,097, ranking 29th in the nation. 
CT Home Insurance
For more information about Connecticut Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Connecticut Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 46% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)