Home Insurance Providers in Florida
Home Insurance in Florida
Florida Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: FL vs. U.S. 
- Florida residents paid average home insurance premiums of $1390.
- This average home insurance premium in Florida is
42% greater than the national average of $978.
- Florida ranks 2nd in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Florida
- Owner-Occupied Housing: FL vs. U.S. 
- In Florida, 65.6% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Florida is
3% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Florida ranks 34th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Florida Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: FL vs. U.S. 
- Florida residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $207.
- This average rent insurance premium in Florida is
11% greater than the national average of $187.
- Florida ranks 9th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Florida
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Florida 
Florida residents spent an average of 42.9% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
27% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Florida 
Residents of Florida spent an average of 54.2% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
13% greater than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Florida
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Florida
The state of Florida has a population of approximately 18,801,310, ranking 3rd in the nation. 
FL Home Insurance
For more information about Florida Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Florida Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2010, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 35.6% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)