Home Insurance Providers in Idaho
Idaho Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: ID vs. U.S. 
- Idaho residents paid average home insurance premiums of $387.
- This average home insurance premium in Idaho is
60% less than the national average of $978.
- Idaho ranks 51st in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Idaho
- Owner-Occupied Housing: ID vs. U.S. 
- In Idaho, 68.4% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Idaho is
7% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Idaho ranks 14th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Idaho Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: ID vs. U.S. 
- Idaho residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $152.
- This average rent insurance premium in Idaho is
19% less than the national average of $187.
- Idaho ranks 32nd in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Idaho
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Idaho 
Idaho residents spent an average of 32.5% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
4% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Idaho 
Residents of Idaho spent an average of 45.8% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
5% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Idaho
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Idaho
The state of Idaho has a population of approximately 1,567,582, ranking 39th in the nation. 
ID Home Insurance
For more information about Idaho Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Idaho Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Louisiana had the second-highest average home insurance premiums in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)