Home Insurance Providers in Illinois
Home Insurance in Illinois
Illinois Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: IL vs. U.S. 
- Illinois residents paid average home insurance premiums of $628.
- This average home insurance premium in Illinois is
36% less than the national average of $978.
- Illinois ranks 37th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Illinois
- Owner-Occupied Housing: IL vs. U.S. 
- In Illinois, 66.6% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Illinois is
4% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Illinois ranks 25th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Illinois Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: IL vs. U.S. 
- Illinois residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $154.
- This average rent insurance premium in Illinois is
18% less than the national average of $187.
- Illinois ranks 29th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Illinois
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Illinois 
Illinois residents spent an average of 35.1% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
4% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Illinois 
Residents of Illinois spent an average of 47% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
2% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Illinois
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Illinois
The state of Illinois has a population of approximately 12,830,632, ranking 7th in the nation. 
IL Home Insurance
For more information about Illinois Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Illinois Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 46% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)