Home Insurance Providers in Indiana
Home Insurance in Indiana
Indiana Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: IN vs. U.S. 
- Indiana residents paid average home insurance premiums of $658.
- This average home insurance premium in Indiana is
33% less than the national average of $978.
- Indiana ranks 32nd in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Indiana
- Owner-Occupied Housing: IN vs. U.S. 
- In Indiana, 69.4% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Indiana is
9% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Indiana ranks 10th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Indiana Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: IN vs. U.S. 
- Indiana residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $169.
- This average rent insurance premium in Indiana is
10% less than the national average of $187.
- Indiana ranks 24th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Indiana
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Indiana 
Indiana residents spent an average of 23.7% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
30% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Indiana 
Residents of Indiana spent an average of 45.4% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
6% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Indiana
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Indiana
The state of Indiana has a population of approximately 6,483,802, ranking 14th in the nation. 
IN Home Insurance
For more information about Indiana Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Indiana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Louisiana had the second-highest average home insurance premiums in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)