Home Insurance Providers in Iowa
Iowa Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: IA vs. U.S. 
- Iowa residents paid average home insurance premiums of $612.
- This average home insurance premium in Iowa is
37% less than the national average of $978.
- Iowa ranks 39th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Iowa
- Owner-Occupied Housing: IA vs. U.S. 
- In Iowa, 71.9% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Iowa is
13% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Iowa ranks 2nd in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Iowa Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: IA vs. U.S. 
- Iowa residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $132.
- This average rent insurance premium in Iowa is
29% less than the national average of $187.
- Iowa ranks 43rd in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Iowa
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Iowa 
Iowa residents spent an average of 22.3% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
34% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Iowa 
Residents of Iowa spent an average of 41.5% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
14% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Iowa
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Iowa
The state of Iowa has a population of approximately 3,046,355, ranking 30th in the nation. 
IA Home Insurance
For more information about Iowa Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Iowa Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, water damage and freezing accounted for 21.7% of all home insurance losses in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)