Home Insurance Providers in Kansas
Kansas Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: KS vs. U.S. 
- Kansas residents paid average home insurance premiums of $916.
- This average home insurance premium in Kansas is
6% less than the national average of $978.
- Kansas ranks 10th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Kansas
- Owner-Occupied Housing: KS vs. U.S. 
- In Kansas, 66.4% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Kansas is
4% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Kansas ranks 28th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Kansas Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: KS vs. U.S. 
- Kansas residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $166.
- This average rent insurance premium in Kansas is
11% less than the national average of $187.
- Kansas ranks 25th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Kansas
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Kansas 
Kansas residents spent an average of 25% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
26% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Kansas 
Residents of Kansas spent an average of 40.9% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
15% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Kansas
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Kansas
The state of Kansas has a population of approximately 2,853,118, ranking 31st in the nation. 
KS Home Insurance
For more information about Kansas Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Kansas Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Florida had the highest average home insurance premiums in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)