Home Insurance Providers in Massachusetts
Home Insurance in Massachusetts
Massachusetts Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: MA vs. U.S. 
- Massachusetts residents paid average home insurance premiums of $1026.
- This average home insurance premium in Massachusetts is
5% greater than the national average of $978.
- Massachusetts ranks 5th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Massachusetts
- Owner-Occupied Housing: MA vs. U.S. 
- In Massachusetts, 62.2% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Massachusetts is
3% less than the national average of 63.9%.
- Massachusetts ranks 44th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Massachusetts Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: MA vs. U.S. 
- Massachusetts residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $218.
- This average rent insurance premium in Massachusetts is
17% greater than the national average of $187.
- Massachusetts ranks 4th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Massachusetts
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Massachusetts 
Massachusetts residents spent an average of 35.1% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
4% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Massachusetts 
Residents of Massachusetts spent an average of 46.8% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
3% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Massachusetts
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Massachusetts
The state of Massachusetts has a population of approximately 6,547,629, ranking 16th in the nation. 
MA Home Insurance
For more information about Massachusetts Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Massachusetts Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Idaho had the lowest average home insurance premiums in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)