Home Insurance Providers in Minnesota
Home Insurance in Minnesota
Minnesota Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: MN vs. U.S. 
- Minnesota residents paid average home insurance premiums of $845.
- This average home insurance premium in Minnesota is
14% less than the national average of $978.
- Minnesota ranks 14th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Minnesota
- Owner-Occupied Housing: MN vs. U.S. 
- In Minnesota, 71.4% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Minnesota is
12% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Minnesota ranks 3rd in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Minnesota Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: MN vs. U.S. 
- Minnesota residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $141.
- This average rent insurance premium in Minnesota is
25% less than the national average of $187.
- Minnesota ranks 37th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Minnesota
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Minnesota 
Minnesota residents spent an average of 26.9% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
20% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Minnesota 
Residents of Minnesota spent an average of 45.3% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
6% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Minnesota
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Minnesota
The state of Minnesota has a population of approximately 5,303,925, ranking 21st in the nation. 
MN Home Insurance
For more information about Minnesota Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Minnesota Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2012, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 47.2% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)