Home Insurance Providers in Mississippi
Home Insurance in Mississippi
Mississippi Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: MS vs. U.S. 
- Mississippi residents paid average home insurance premiums of $980.
- This average home insurance premium in Mississippi is
0% greater than the national average of $978.
- Mississippi ranks 7th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Mississippi
- Owner-Occupied Housing: MS vs. U.S. 
- In Mississippi, 68.2% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Mississippi is
7% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Mississippi ranks 15th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Mississippi Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: MS vs. U.S. 
- Mississippi residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $272.
- This average rent insurance premium in Mississippi is
45% greater than the national average of $187.
- Mississippi ranks 1st in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Mississippi
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Mississippi 
Mississippi residents spent an average of 31.7% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
6% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Mississippi 
Residents of Mississippi spent an average of 45.2% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
6% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Mississippi
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Mississippi
The state of Mississippi has a population of approximately 2,967,297, ranking 33rd in the nation. 
MS Home Insurance
For more information about Mississippi Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Mississippi Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, water damage and freezing accounted for 21.7% of all home insurance losses in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)