Home Insurance Providers in Montana
Home Insurance in Montana
Montana Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: MT vs. U.S. 
- Montana residents paid average home insurance premiums of $721.
- This average home insurance premium in Montana is
26% less than the national average of $978.
- Montana ranks 24th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Montana
- Owner-Occupied Housing: MT vs. U.S. 
- In Montana, 67.1% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Montana is
5% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Montana ranks 21st in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Montana Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: MT vs. U.S. 
- Montana residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $154.
- This average rent insurance premium in Montana is
18% less than the national average of $187.
- Montana ranks 29th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Montana
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Montana 
Montana residents spent an average of 31.7% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
6% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Montana 
Residents of Montana spent an average of 42.3% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
12% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Montana
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Montana
The state of Montana has a population of approximately 989,415, ranking 43rd in the nation. 
MT Home Insurance
For more information about Montana Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Montana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Idaho had the lowest average home insurance premiums in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)