Home Insurance Providers in New Jersey
Home Insurance in New Jersey
New Jersey Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: NJ vs. U.S. 
- New Jersey residents paid average home insurance premiums of $691.
- This average home insurance premium in New Jersey is
29% less than the national average of $978.
- New Jersey ranks 29th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in New Jersey
- Owner-Occupied Housing: NJ vs. U.S. 
- In New Jersey, 65.1% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in New Jersey is
2% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- New Jersey ranks 36th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
New Jersey Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: NJ vs. U.S. 
- New Jersey residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $140.
- This average rent insurance premium in New Jersey is
25% less than the national average of $187.
- New Jersey ranks 38th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in New Jersey
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in New Jersey 
New Jersey residents spent an average of 43.7% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
30% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in New Jersey 
Residents of New Jersey spent an average of 51.3% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
7% greater than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in New Jersey
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about New Jersey
About New Jersey
The state of New Jersey has a population of approximately 8,791,894, ranking 12th in the nation. 
NJ Home Insurance
For more information about New Jersey Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the New Jersey Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 46% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)