Home Insurance Providers in Ohio
Ohio Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: OH vs. U.S. 
- Ohio residents paid average home insurance premiums of $565.
- This average home insurance premium in Ohio is
42% less than the national average of $978.
- Ohio ranks 45th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Ohio
- Owner-Occupied Housing: OH vs. U.S. 
- In Ohio, 66.3% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Ohio is
4% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Ohio ranks 29th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Ohio Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: OH vs. U.S. 
- Ohio residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $163.
- This average rent insurance premium in Ohio is
13% less than the national average of $187.
- Ohio ranks 27th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Ohio
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Ohio 
Ohio residents spent an average of 27.2% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
19% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Ohio 
Residents of Ohio spent an average of 45.4% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
6% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Ohio
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Ohio
The state of Ohio has a population of approximately 11,536,504, ranking 6th in the nation. 
OH Home Insurance
For more information about Ohio Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Ohio Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Idaho had the lowest average home insurance premiums in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)