Home Insurance Providers in Rhode Island
Home Insurance in Rhode Island
Rhode Island Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: RI vs. U.S. 
- Rhode Island residents paid average home insurance premiums of $897.
- This average home insurance premium in Rhode Island is
8% less than the national average of $978.
- Rhode Island ranks 12th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Rhode Island
- Owner-Occupied Housing: RI vs. U.S. 
- In Rhode Island, 60% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Rhode Island is
6% less than the national average of 63.9%.
- Rhode Island ranks 46th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Rhode Island Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: RI vs. U.S. 
- Rhode Island residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $149.
- This average rent insurance premium in Rhode Island is
20% less than the national average of $187.
- Rhode Island ranks 34th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Rhode Island
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Rhode Island 
Rhode Island residents spent an average of 37.8% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
12% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Rhode Island 
Residents of Rhode Island spent an average of 47.8% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
1% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Rhode Island
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Rhode Island
About Rhode Island
The state of Rhode Island has a population of approximately 1,052,567, ranking 45th in the nation. 
RI Home Insurance
For more information about Rhode Island Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Rhode Island Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, water damage and freezing accounted for 21.7% of all home insurance losses in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)