Home Insurance Providers in South Carolina
Home Insurance in South Carolina
South Carolina Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: SC vs. U.S. 
- South Carolina residents paid average home insurance premiums of $789.
- This average home insurance premium in South Carolina is
19% less than the national average of $978.
- South Carolina ranks 20th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in South Carolina
- Owner-Occupied Housing: SC vs. U.S. 
- In South Carolina, 68.1% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in South Carolina is
7% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- South Carolina ranks 16th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
South Carolina Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: SC vs. U.S. 
- South Carolina residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $173.
- This average rent insurance premium in South Carolina is
7% less than the national average of $187.
- South Carolina ranks 21st in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in South Carolina
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in South Carolina 
South Carolina residents spent an average of 30% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
11% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in South Carolina 
Residents of South Carolina spent an average of 46.3% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
4% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in South Carolina
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about South Carolina
About South Carolina
The state of South Carolina has a population of approximately 4,625,364, ranking 24th in the nation. 
Did you know?
In 2012, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 47.2% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)