Home Insurance Providers in South Dakota
Home Insurance in South Dakota
South Dakota Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: SD vs. U.S. 
- South Dakota residents paid average home insurance premiums of $609.
- This average home insurance premium in South Dakota is
38% less than the national average of $978.
- South Dakota ranks 40th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in South Dakota
- Owner-Occupied Housing: SD vs. U.S. 
- In South Dakota, 67.1% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in South Dakota is
5% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- South Dakota ranks 20th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
South Dakota Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: SD vs. U.S. 
- South Dakota residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $113.
- This average rent insurance premium in South Dakota is
40% less than the national average of $187.
- South Dakota ranks 50th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in South Dakota
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in South Dakota 
South Dakota residents spent an average of 23.2% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
31% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in South Dakota 
Residents of South Dakota spent an average of 36.7% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
24% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in South Dakota
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about South Dakota
About South Dakota
The state of South Dakota has a population of approximately 814,180, ranking 44th in the nation. 
SD Home Insurance
For more information about South Dakota Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the South Dakota Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2010, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 35.6% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)