Home Insurance Providers in Tennessee
Home Insurance in Tennessee
Tennessee Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: TN vs. U.S. 
- Tennessee residents paid average home insurance premiums of $692.
- This average home insurance premium in Tennessee is
29% less than the national average of $978.
- Tennessee ranks 27th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Tennessee
- Owner-Occupied Housing: TN vs. U.S. 
- In Tennessee, 66.7% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Tennessee is
4% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Tennessee ranks 24th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Tennessee Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: TN vs. U.S. 
- Tennessee residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $195.
- This average rent insurance premium in Tennessee is
4% greater than the national average of $187.
- Tennessee ranks 15th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Tennessee
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Tennessee 
Tennessee residents spent an average of 30.5% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
9% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Tennessee 
Residents of Tennessee spent an average of 45.3% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
6% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Tennessee
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Tennessee
The state of Tennessee has a population of approximately 6,346,105, ranking 15th in the nation. 
TN Home Insurance
For more information about Tennessee Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Tennessee Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2012, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 47.2% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)