Home Insurance Providers in Texas
Texas Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: TX vs. U.S. 
- Texas residents paid average home insurance premiums of $1460.
- This average home insurance premium in Texas is
49% greater than the national average of $978.
- Texas ranks 1st in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Texas
- Owner-Occupied Housing: TX vs. U.S. 
- In Texas, 62.3% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Texas is
3% less than the national average of 63.9%.
- Texas ranks 43rd in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Texas Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: TX vs. U.S. 
- Texas residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $216.
- This average rent insurance premium in Texas is
16% greater than the national average of $187.
- Texas ranks 7th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Texas
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Texas 
Texas residents spent an average of 29% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
14% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Texas 
Residents of Texas spent an average of 44.5% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
7% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Texas
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Texas
The state of Texas has a population of approximately 25,145,561, ranking 2nd in the nation. 
TX Home Insurance
For more information about Texas Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Texas Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2010, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 35.6% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)