Home Insurance Providers in Virginia
Home Insurance in Virginia
Virginia Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: VA vs. U.S. 
- Virginia residents paid average home insurance premiums of $604.
- This average home insurance premium in Virginia is
38% less than the national average of $978.
- Virginia ranks 41st in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Virginia
- Owner-Occupied Housing: VA vs. U.S. 
- In Virginia, 66.2% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Virginia is
4% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Virginia ranks 31st in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Virginia Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: VA vs. U.S. 
- Virginia residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $131.
- This average rent insurance premium in Virginia is
30% less than the national average of $187.
- Virginia ranks 45th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Virginia
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Virginia 
Virginia residents spent an average of 31.3% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
7% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Virginia 
Residents of Virginia spent an average of 46.4% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
4% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Virginia
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Virginia
The state of Virginia has a population of approximately 8,001,024, ranking 11th in the nation. 
VA Home Insurance
For more information about Virginia Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Virginia Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2012, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 47.2% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)