Home Insurance Providers in Washington
Home Insurance in Washington
Washington Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: WA vs. U.S. 
- Washington residents paid average home insurance premiums of $471.
- This average home insurance premium in Washington is
52% less than the national average of $978.
- Washington ranks 48th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Washington
- Owner-Occupied Housing: WA vs. U.S. 
- In Washington, 62.3% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Washington is
3% less than the national average of 63.9%.
- Washington ranks 42nd in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Washington Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: WA vs. U.S. 
- Washington residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $172.
- This average rent insurance premium in Washington is
8% less than the national average of $187.
- Washington ranks 23rd in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Washington
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Washington 
Washington residents spent an average of 36.6% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
9% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Washington 
Residents of Washington spent an average of 47.7% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
1% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Washington
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Washington
The state of Washington has a population of approximately 6,724,540, ranking 13th in the nation. 
WA Home Insurance
For more information about Washington Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Washington Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 46% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)