Home Insurance Providers in West Virginia
Home Insurance in West Virginia
West Virginia Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: WV vs. U.S. 
- West Virginia residents paid average home insurance premiums of $638.
- This average home insurance premium in West Virginia is
35% less than the national average of $978.
- West Virginia ranks 35th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in West Virginia
- Owner-Occupied Housing: WV vs. U.S. 
- In West Virginia, 72% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in West Virginia is
13% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- West Virginia ranks 1st in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
West Virginia Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: WV vs. U.S. 
- West Virginia residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $173.
- This average rent insurance premium in West Virginia is
7% less than the national average of $187.
- West Virginia ranks 21st in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in West Virginia
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in West Virginia 
West Virginia residents spent an average of 22.4% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
34% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in West Virginia 
Residents of West Virginia spent an average of 38.9% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
19% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in West Virginia
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about West Virginia
About West Virginia
The state of West Virginia has a population of approximately 1,852,994, ranking 38th in the nation. 
WV Home Insurance
For more information about West Virginia Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the West Virginia Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2010, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 35.6% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)