Home Insurance Providers in Alaska
Alaska Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: AK vs. U.S. 
- Alaska residents paid average home insurance premiums of $845.
- This average home insurance premium in Alaska is
14% less than the national average of $978.
- Alaska ranks 14th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Alaska
- Owner-Occupied Housing: AK vs. U.S. 
- In Alaska, 63.4% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Alaska is
1% less than the national average of 63.9%.
- Alaska ranks 41st in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Alaska Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: AK vs. U.S. 
- Alaska residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $199.
- This average rent insurance premium in Alaska is
6% greater than the national average of $187.
- Alaska ranks 14th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Alaska
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Alaska 
Alaska residents spent an average of 31.5% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
7% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Alaska 
Residents of Alaska spent an average of 44.3% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
8% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Alaska
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Alaska
The state of Alaska has a population of approximately 710,231, ranking 50th in the nation. 
AK Home Insurance
For more information about Alaska Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Alaska Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2010, water damage and freezing accounted for 21.3% of all home insurance losses in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)