Home Insurance Providers in Colorado
Home Insurance in Colorado
Colorado Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: CO vs. U.S. 
- Colorado residents paid average home insurance premiums of $842.
- This average home insurance premium in Colorado is
14% less than the national average of $978.
- Colorado ranks 16th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Colorado
- Owner-Occupied Housing: CO vs. U.S. 
- In Colorado, 64% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Colorado is
0% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Colorado ranks 38th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Colorado Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: CO vs. U.S. 
- Colorado residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $177.
- This average rent insurance premium in Colorado is
5% less than the national average of $187.
- Colorado ranks 18th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Colorado
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Colorado 
Colorado residents spent an average of 32.1% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
5% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Colorado 
Residents of Colorado spent an average of 48.6% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
1% greater than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Colorado
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Colorado
The state of Colorado has a population of approximately 5,029,196, ranking 22nd in the nation. 
CO Home Insurance
For more information about Colorado Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Colorado Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 46% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)