Home Insurance Providers in Louisiana
Home Insurance in Louisiana
Louisiana Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: LA vs. U.S. 
- Louisiana residents paid average home insurance premiums of $1155.
- This average home insurance premium in Louisiana is
18% greater than the national average of $978.
- Louisiana ranks 3rd in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Louisiana
- Owner-Occupied Housing: LA vs. U.S. 
- In Louisiana, 65.7% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Louisiana is
3% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Louisiana ranks 33rd in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Louisiana Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: LA vs. U.S. 
- Louisiana residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $228.
- This average rent insurance premium in Louisiana is
22% greater than the national average of $187.
- Louisiana ranks 2nd in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Louisiana
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Louisiana 
Louisiana residents spent an average of 28.5% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
15% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Louisiana 
Residents of Louisiana spent an average of 45.7% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
5% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Louisiana
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Louisiana
The state of Louisiana has a population of approximately 4,533,372, ranking 26th in the nation. 
LA Home Insurance
For more information about Louisiana Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Louisiana Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Idaho had the lowest average home insurance premiums in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)