Home Insurance Providers in Delaware
Home Insurance in Delaware
Delaware Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: DE vs. U.S. 
- Delaware residents paid average home insurance premiums of $535.
- This average home insurance premium in Delaware is
45% less than the national average of $978.
- Delaware ranks 46th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Delaware
- Owner-Occupied Housing: DE vs. U.S. 
- In Delaware, 70.8% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Delaware is
11% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Delaware ranks 8th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Delaware Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: DE vs. U.S. 
- Delaware residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $134.
- This average rent insurance premium in Delaware is
28% less than the national average of $187.
- Delaware ranks 40th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Delaware
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Delaware 
Delaware residents spent an average of 33.1% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
2% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Delaware 
Residents of Delaware spent an average of 45.6% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
5% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Delaware
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Delaware
The state of Delaware has a population of approximately 897,934, ranking 47th in the nation. 
DE Home Insurance
For more information about Delaware Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Delaware Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Florida had the highest average home insurance premiums in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)