Home Insurance Providers in Hawaii
Hawaii Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: HI vs. U.S. 
- Hawaii residents paid average home insurance premiums of $862.
- This average home insurance premium in Hawaii is
12% less than the national average of $978.
- Hawaii ranks 13th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Hawaii
- Owner-Occupied Housing: HI vs. U.S. 
- In Hawaii, 56.9% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Hawaii is
11% less than the national average of 63.9%.
- Hawaii ranks 47th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Hawaii Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: HI vs. U.S. 
- Hawaii residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $202.
- This average rent insurance premium in Hawaii is
8% greater than the national average of $187.
- Hawaii ranks 12th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Hawaii
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Hawaii 
Hawaii residents spent an average of 47.9% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
42% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Hawaii 
Residents of Hawaii spent an average of 50.3% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
5% greater than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Hawaii
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Hawaii
The state of Hawaii has a population of approximately 1,360,301, ranking 42nd in the nation. 
HI Home Insurance
For more information about Hawaii Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Hawaii Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Idaho had the lowest average home insurance premiums in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)