Home Insurance Providers in Kentucky
Home Insurance in Kentucky
Kentucky Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: KY vs. U.S. 
- Kentucky residents paid average home insurance premiums of $601.
- This average home insurance premium in Kentucky is
39% less than the national average of $978.
- Kentucky ranks 42nd in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Kentucky
- Owner-Occupied Housing: KY vs. U.S. 
- In Kentucky, 67% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Kentucky is
5% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Kentucky ranks 22nd in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Kentucky Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: KY vs. U.S. 
- Kentucky residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $149.
- This average rent insurance premium in Kentucky is
20% less than the national average of $187.
- Kentucky ranks 34th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Kentucky
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Kentucky 
Kentucky residents spent an average of 26.1% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
23% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Kentucky 
Residents of Kentucky spent an average of 42.7% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
11% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Kentucky
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Kentucky
The state of Kentucky has a population of approximately 4,339,367, ranking 25th in the nation. 
KY Home Insurance
For more information about Kentucky Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Kentucky Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2010, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 35.6% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)