Home Insurance Providers in Maryland
Home Insurance in Maryland
Maryland Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: MD vs. U.S. 
- Maryland residents paid average home insurance premiums of $637.
- This average home insurance premium in Maryland is
35% less than the national average of $978.
- Maryland ranks 36th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Maryland
- Owner-Occupied Housing: MD vs. U.S. 
- In Maryland, 66.5% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Maryland is
4% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Maryland ranks 26th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Maryland Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: MD vs. U.S. 
- Maryland residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $132.
- This average rent insurance premium in Maryland is
29% less than the national average of $187.
- Maryland ranks 43rd in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Maryland
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Maryland 
Maryland residents spent an average of 33.2% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
1% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Maryland 
Residents of Maryland spent an average of 48% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
0% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Maryland
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Maryland
The state of Maryland has a population of approximately 5,773,552, ranking 20th in the nation. 
MD Home Insurance
For more information about Maryland Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Maryland Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Florida had the highest average home insurance premiums in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)