Home Insurance Providers in Michigan
Home Insurance in Michigan
Michigan Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: MI vs. U.S. 
- Michigan residents paid average home insurance premiums of $715.
- This average home insurance premium in Michigan is
27% less than the national average of $978.
- Michigan ranks 25th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Michigan
- Owner-Occupied Housing: MI vs. U.S. 
- In Michigan, 71.1% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Michigan is
11% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Michigan ranks 5th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Michigan Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: MI vs. U.S. 
- Michigan residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $174.
- This average rent insurance premium in Michigan is
7% less than the national average of $187.
- Michigan ranks 20th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Michigan
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Michigan 
Michigan residents spent an average of 30.4% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
10% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Michigan 
Residents of Michigan spent an average of 49.8% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
4% greater than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Michigan
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Michigan
The state of Michigan has a population of approximately 9,883,640, ranking 10th in the nation. 
MI Home Insurance
For more information about Michigan Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Michigan Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Louisiana had the second-highest average home insurance premiums in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)