Home Insurance Providers in Missouri
Home Insurance in Missouri
Missouri Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: MO vs. U.S. 
- Missouri residents paid average home insurance premiums of $788.
- This average home insurance premium in Missouri is
19% less than the national average of $978.
- Missouri ranks 21st in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Missouri
- Owner-Occupied Housing: MO vs. U.S. 
- In Missouri, 67.5% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Missouri is
6% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Missouri ranks 18th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Missouri Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: MO vs. U.S. 
- Missouri residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $165.
- This average rent insurance premium in Missouri is
12% less than the national average of $187.
- Missouri ranks 26th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Missouri
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Missouri 
Missouri residents spent an average of 27.7% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
18% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Missouri 
Residents of Missouri spent an average of 46.4% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
4% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Missouri
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Missouri
The state of Missouri has a population of approximately 5,988,927, ranking 17th in the nation. 
MO Home Insurance
For more information about Missouri Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Missouri Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2010, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 35.6% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)