Home Insurance Providers in New Mexico
Home Insurance in New Mexico
New Mexico Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: NM vs. U.S. 
- New Mexico residents paid average home insurance premiums of $703.
- This average home insurance premium in New Mexico is
28% less than the national average of $978.
- New Mexico ranks 26th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in New Mexico
- Owner-Occupied Housing: NM vs. U.S. 
- In New Mexico, 67.7% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in New Mexico is
6% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- New Mexico ranks 17th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
New Mexico Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: NM vs. U.S. 
- New Mexico residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $186.
- This average rent insurance premium in New Mexico is
1% less than the national average of $187.
- New Mexico ranks 17th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in New Mexico
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in New Mexico 
New Mexico residents spent an average of 33.4% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
1% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in New Mexico 
Residents of New Mexico spent an average of 46% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
4% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in New Mexico
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about New Mexico
About New Mexico
The state of New Mexico has a population of approximately 2,059,179, ranking 36th in the nation. 
NM Home Insurance
For more information about New Mexico Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the New Mexico Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2010, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 35.6% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)