Home Insurance Providers in North Dakota
Home Insurance in North Dakota
North Dakota Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: ND vs. U.S. 
- North Dakota residents paid average home insurance premiums of $808.
- This average home insurance premium in North Dakota is
17% less than the national average of $978.
- North Dakota ranks 18th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in North Dakota
- Owner-Occupied Housing: ND vs. U.S. 
- In North Dakota, 65% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in North Dakota is
2% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- North Dakota ranks 37th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
North Dakota Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: ND vs. U.S. 
- North Dakota residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $112.
- This average rent insurance premium in North Dakota is
40% less than the national average of $187.
- North Dakota ranks 51st in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in North Dakota
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in North Dakota 
North Dakota residents spent an average of 17.3% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
49% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in North Dakota 
Residents of North Dakota spent an average of 31.7% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
34% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in North Dakota
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about North Dakota
About North Dakota
The state of North Dakota has a population of approximately 672,591, ranking 46th in the nation. 
ND Home Insurance
For more information about North Dakota Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the North Dakota Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2012, water damage and freezing accounted for 17.5% of all home insurance losses in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)