Home Insurance Providers in Pennsylvania
Home Insurance in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: PA vs. U.S. 
- Pennsylvania residents paid average home insurance premiums of $586.
- This average home insurance premium in Pennsylvania is
40% less than the national average of $978.
- Pennsylvania ranks 43rd in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Pennsylvania
- Owner-Occupied Housing: PA vs. U.S. 
- In Pennsylvania, 68.9% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Pennsylvania is
8% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Pennsylvania ranks 12th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Pennsylvania Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: PA vs. U.S. 
- Pennsylvania residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $123.
- This average rent insurance premium in Pennsylvania is
34% less than the national average of $187.
- Pennsylvania ranks 48th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Pennsylvania
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Pennsylvania 
Pennsylvania residents spent an average of 30.1% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
11% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Pennsylvania 
Residents of Pennsylvania spent an average of 45.9% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
5% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Pennsylvania
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Pennsylvania
The state of Pennsylvania has a population of approximately 12,702,379, ranking 5th in the nation. 
PA Home Insurance
For more information about Pennsylvania Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Florida had the highest average home insurance premiums in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)