Home Insurance Providers in Vermont
Home Insurance in Vermont
Vermont Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: VT vs. U.S. 
- Vermont residents paid average home insurance premiums of $650.
- This average home insurance premium in Vermont is
34% less than the national average of $978.
- Vermont ranks 33rd in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Vermont
- Owner-Occupied Housing: VT vs. U.S. 
- In Vermont, 71% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Vermont is
11% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Vermont ranks 6th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Vermont Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: VT vs. U.S. 
- Vermont residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $149.
- This average rent insurance premium in Vermont is
20% less than the national average of $187.
- Vermont ranks 34th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Vermont
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Vermont 
Vermont residents spent an average of 35.8% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
6% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Vermont 
Residents of Vermont spent an average of 46.9% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
2% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Vermont
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Vermont
The state of Vermont has a population of approximately 625,741, ranking 49th in the nation. 
VT Home Insurance
For more information about Vermont Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Vermont Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 46% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)