Home Insurance Providers in Wisconsin
Home Insurance in Wisconsin
Wisconsin Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: WI vs. U.S. 
- Wisconsin residents paid average home insurance premiums of $503.
- This average home insurance premium in Wisconsin is
49% less than the national average of $978.
- Wisconsin ranks 47th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Wisconsin
- Owner-Occupied Housing: WI vs. U.S. 
- In Wisconsin, 67.3% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Wisconsin is
5% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Wisconsin ranks 19th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Wisconsin Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: WI vs. U.S. 
- Wisconsin residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $123.
- This average rent insurance premium in Wisconsin is
34% less than the national average of $187.
- Wisconsin ranks 49th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Wisconsin
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Wisconsin 
Wisconsin residents spent an average of 29.8% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
12% less than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Wisconsin 
Residents of Wisconsin spent an average of 45.9% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
5% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Wisconsin
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Wisconsin
The state of Wisconsin has a population of approximately 5,686,986, ranking 19th in the nation. 
WI Home Insurance
For more information about Wisconsin Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Wisconsin Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2012, wind and hail were the leading cause of home insurance losses, totaling 47.2% of all losses in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)