Home Insurance Providers in Maine
Maine Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: ME vs. U.S. 
- Maine residents paid average home insurance premiums of $572.
- This average home insurance premium in Maine is
42% less than the national average of $978.
- Maine ranks 44th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in Maine
- Owner-Occupied Housing: ME vs. U.S. 
- In Maine, 71.4% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in Maine is
12% greater than the national average of 63.9%.
- Maine ranks 4th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
Maine Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: ME vs. U.S. 
- Maine residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $130.
- This average rent insurance premium in Maine is
30% less than the national average of $187.
- Maine ranks 46th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in Maine
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in Maine 
Maine residents spent an average of 34.4% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
2% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in Maine 
Residents of Maine spent an average of 47.2% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
2% less than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in Maine
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about Maine
The state of Maine has a population of approximately 1,328,361, ranking 40th in the nation. 
ME Home Insurance
For more information about Maine Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the Maine Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2012, water damage and freezing accounted for 17.5% of all home insurance losses in the United States.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)