Home Insurance Providers in New York
Home Insurance in New York
New York Home Insurance Rates
- Home Insurance Rates: NY vs. U.S. 
- New York residents paid average home insurance premiums of $983.
- This average home insurance premium in New York is
1% greater than the national average of $978.
- New York ranks 6th in the nation in home insurance rates.
Owner-Occupied Housing Units in New York
- Owner-Occupied Housing: NY vs. U.S. 
- In New York, 53.7% of housing units are owner-occupied.
- This owner-occupied rate in New York is
16% less than the national average of 63.9%.
- New York ranks 50th in the nation in share of housing that is owner-occupied.
New York Renters Insurance Rates
- Rent Insurance Rates: NY vs. U.S. 
- New York residents paid average rent insurance premiums of $216.
- This average rent insurance premium in New York is
16% greater than the national average of $187.
- New York ranks 7th in the nation in rent insurance rates.
Home Ownership Costs in New York
Household Income Spent on Home Ownership Costs in New York 
New York residents spent an average of 39.3% of household income on home ownership costs, which is
17% greater than the national average of 33.7%.
Household Income Spent on Rent and Utilities in New York 
Residents of New York spent an average of 50.4% of household income on rent and utilities, which is
5% greater than the national average of 48.1%.
Renters Insurance Providers in New York
- Get renters insurance for pennies a day.
- 24-Hour claims assistance.
- Protection from theft, fire, and more.
- Home computer and smartphone coverage.
- Get renters insurance for as little as $12 a month.
- Get replacement cost coverage for your items.
- Repair or replace your stolen or damaged property with items similar in quality and worth.
- Get a personalized quote based on your needs.
Additional information about New York
About New York
The state of New York has a population of approximately 19,378,102, ranking 4th in the nation. 
NY Home Insurance
For more information about New York Home Insurance, or for additional resources regarding home insurance overall, visit the New York Department of Insurance.
Did you know?
In 2011, Louisiana had the second-highest average home insurance premiums in the U.S.
1. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
2. ^ U.S. Department of Commerce (2012)
3. ^ United States Census Bureau (2009)
4. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
5. ^ Insurance Information Institute (2012)
6. ^ United States Census Bureau (2010)